Your position in the website
Schweizer Radio und Fernsehen
Schweizer Radio und Fernsehen (SRF) maintains its leadership in the tv market against competition from an increasing number of other stations. SRF's wide-ranging services include three television channels, an internet and a mobile platform, as well as teletext. SRF fulfils its arts remit to some extent through its partnership in 3sat. SRF ensures that services on all platforms complement each other and form a coherent whole.
- SRF 1: a high-quality schedule of news and current affairs, light entertainment and arts, with a large proportion of in-house productions, reflects the complex reality of life in culturally diverse Switzerland.
- SRF zwei: with a heavy emphasis on sport, feature films and series, the schedule is aimed more at a younger audience.
- SRF info: this public-service station offers viewers time-shifted viewing with running repeats of the latest information-based formats - news, sport and the arts.
|Radio established in||1931|
|TV established in||1953|
|Programming output TV 2015 (hours)||26,584|
|Workforce total SRF 2015 (full-time equivalents)||1643|
|Operating expenses total SRF 2015 (million CHF)||584.9|
- Primetime (overnight +7): live viewing of programmes broadcast from 6 pm -11 pm including time-shifted viewing in this period up to seven days later, persons aged three and over
- 24 hours (overnight +7): live viewing of programmes broadcast from 2 am - 2 am including time-shifted viewing in this period up to seven days later, persons aged three and over